Tuesday, September 21, 2010

It isn't finished, it isn't just beginning...it is something else entirely

A chapter has ended, but another has begun...and one of many with these same characters.  SGG did a great job pulling this all together.  She had some fantastic help from our friends Carol and Andrea.  The wedding was about as perfect as anyone could hope for.  The boys did their part, I didn't do too badly, and SGG was perfect.  The weather was fantastic, the minister was awesome, and the catering was incredible.

Our wedding was Saturday afternoon, about the time most of the back yard would be in the shade of the trees (it was a lucky guess).  The boys did an affirmation, and two of them read scripture (Old and New testaments).  The ceremony was short and amazing.  Everyone seemed to have a great time!  The kids especially.  :-)  You can see in pictures and video below.

Some funny conversations with the boys:

Friday night before the wedding, we were talking with the boys at the table.  SGG's oldest son, Michael the soon to be 12 yr old, asked "Mom, are you going to cry at the wedding?"  SGG responded with "Maybe, are you?"  Michael said, "Am I supposed to?"

Saturday night, after being admonished by me for taking 2 liter soda bottle to throw and explode on the street, my son says his uncle, my brother, "If you don't want to get me in serious trouble, you might want to hide the video!"  My brother, unperturbed, said "The question is still, did he or did he not have a mentos?"  :-)  Some of those videos are below....

As for this chapter, it is just beginning, but I learned early Monday morning that for a fellow blogger, his book had ended.  Jim Everson, Depot Dad, fellow single dad, courageous soul, and inspiration to those that knew him or read his blog, lost his battle with cancer.  Keep his family in your thoughts and prayers.  You can read a little more here and here.

My new brother-in-law sent SGG and I these thoughts:

FAITH….
Is not being able to see the Ocean at the end of a small stream…
But believing in your heart that it is there …waiting to embrace.

Our Real Journey…
Begins midstream…having navigated the hazards and falls and currents
Which life and former love threw at us…
Only to prepare us for our one Matched Soul.




3 comments:

  1. AW!! Great pictures! Congratulations! I'm so happy for you both. Such a beautiful couple!

    Those are some lucky boys!

    Thanks for mentioning Jim's passing. He will be greatly missed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cannot begin to express how happy I am for you, SGG and your entire family. The wedding was beautiful, simplistic and perfect. It was an honor just to be there for your special day.

    Love you! Ginny.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Count me in on the happy crowd!! I LOVE this post!! That black and white photo makes me cry. And you know that I'm right there with you.

    My daughter also asked LG, "Are you going to cry?" He gets easily emotional (which I love), and she seemed concerned. In the end, we all cried... especially when T. stepped in for Jim Everson at my wedding. (See her latest post for the details.)

    Big hug, and I'm so excited to follow your new journey!!

    ReplyDelete

I will not accept advertising in the body of comments. If you leave links to spam, goods, or services it will be deleted. If you embed HTML it will be deleted. For any number of other reasons I may delete the comment. I do this for the safety and well being of the readers of the blog.