Monday, February 04, 2008

On Monday....

I first get a note from son's teacher that he missed his field trip today while we were at his doctor's appointments. One appointment was his normal neuro-feedback, the other was to talk about what happened Friday. Later I get a note from his teacher that his behavior in the afternoon was way off norm, rolling in the floor laughing and he ate a kleenex. Now, he wasn't on the stimulant today, but he's going back on tomorrow, just half the dose. I show up at the YMCA to workout and every couple of minutes a YMCA after school worker would show up to tell me that Mr. Glen, the Supervisor, needs to talk to me when I'm done. He had a full page, handwritten report about my son from that afternoon. We talked and I explained what happened. He understood, but he can't go back to the YMCA tomorrow. He then tried to be very helpful and asked if there was anything he could do. I very quickly responded, "Actually, you could adopt an adorable, cute and cuddly ten year old." He said no. :-|

Well, at least I got my workout in. That is a start. I took it easy since it has been a few weeks, but I'm going to ramp it up quickly.

And work continues to not be enjoyable. I really hope that changes soon. My job is to keep these folks off of CNN, and it is becoming increasingly difficult to do that. I don't think they believe me, but then again no one ever does until it happens.

2 comments:

  1. I can't imagine the pressure you must be under every day...keep it up - you sound like such an amazing father!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hang in there Mike. My son goes through these spells, which sometimes indicates that he's outgrown his prescription. Of course, at 15, I'm trying to get him to outgrow the medicine, period.

    ReplyDelete

I will not accept advertising in the body of comments. If you leave links to spam, goods, or services it will be deleted. If you embed HTML it will be deleted. For any number of other reasons I may delete the comment. I do this for the safety and well being of the readers of the blog.