Tuesday, July 31, 2007

The Push

groggy and unmotivated
tired and discombobulated
The swirl of dreams and reality
utterly confounds me
I rise, I fall, I rise again
Alarms in the background din
Fighting the fight within
I give up and slide back to sleepin.

The battle was not over though
and deep inside energy begins overflow
Sleep departs hurriedly
and I begin my day
A run I say, been my goal for weeks
but quickly give up, so meek
But I push, and push, and push
sneakers, socks, shuffle, all a mush
but I push
I stretch and pop and groan, but I push
I open the door, not looking back
I start my run, looking up at a full moon
surprised to see this companion
and for three and a half miles I push.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I will not accept advertising in the body of comments. If you leave links to spam, goods, or services it will be deleted. If you embed HTML it will be deleted. For any number of other reasons I may delete the comment. I do this for the safety and well being of the readers of the blog.