Wednesday, December 10, 2008

I crossed a huge milestone today...

I got the 50th state quarter for our quarter map! I'm not even kidding. Hawaii. The search is over!! Now Brandon wants to frame the map. I agree...I don't want him trying to spend the quarters. He tried that once. He also pulled them out, mixed them up, and then put them in backwards too. I don't even begin to know why.

So, what's different. Hmmm. Nothing really. It wasn't a bad day today. Thank you all for the happy My God you're getting ancient Birthday Wishes. I really do appreciate that!

What has been happening is that I'm making a concentrated effort to eat a bit better. I recently collected a number of vegetarian and Asian cookbooks. I'm not moving towards vegetarianism, but I do like the food. My son loves Asian as much as I do. I'm looking to cook things like casseroles and stuff that I can throw in a crock pot too. I don't want to spend two hours in the kitchen every night.

Like I said yesterday, I got on a coed indoor soccer team...that will keep my Sunday mornings busy until at least March. :-)

My Christmas shopping for my son is done. :-)

I have a round trip plane ticket to go anywhere (that costs less than $400) . I have to use it before March. Salt Lake City for snowboarding is my logical choice at this time. We'll see. Marla says the snow is better in New Mexico though. I am dreaming snowboarding in Chile, New Zealand, or Australia one summer too. Also going to Alaska.

I got a few very unexpected and very special gifts today for which I am very thankful. :-)

11 comments:

  1. I am not sure that she ever said anything of the sort. Given what I know of her, she might have suggested CA or CO... or trying the sites of NM!! But then... I don't know her that well!

    Glad you received some fun gifts!!

    And, hope you enjoyed the rain... and there was one other thing...

    DC has a coin coming out!! You aren't done yet

    ReplyDelete
  2. 8-(
    I don't have a space for a DC coin.

    ReplyDelete
  3. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

    You should visit crockpot356.blogpot.com She has a crockpot recipe for everyday of the year, alot of them are pretty simple and all gluten free. She also gives a verdic noting the pros/cons.... just a suggestion.

    kim

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm pretty sure we've already talked about Alaska....

    I love the Crockpot365 blog! I find that so many crockpot recipes are really hit or terrible miss, so I like that she gives the verdict. I will say that I cannot imagine using my crockpot every day for a year though...

    Glad you had a good day! Happy cooking!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was collecting the quarters. I had gotten 4 full sets of the 30 that were out at the time. Then one day I went ot see if I had a particular quarter.

    My soon-to-be-ex had taken them. For pop money at work.

    Another reason why he's a soon-to-be-ex.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are too cute about the quarters.

    Happy Birthday!!!

    About that crock pot comment, OMG, that's what I've been looking for. I'm not kidding: I'm getting myself a crockpot for the holidays.

    That's going to be my 2009 cooking plan. Thank you Liz!

    And here's to co-ed soccer! (As you know, it's exercise that keeps me sane, too.)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Birthday (slightly belated)

    Hot Tub Lizzy: What a lousy thing to do; I hope that's the last of what you you find out.

    Dishonest, sneaky, and lazy . . .now, that's a bad combo.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mike, you are such a good dad! I am glad you have a blog- I will have to catch up... and add you to my list! take care..

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you all for the happy birthday wishes! It was uneventful...which is good. :-)

    Kim,
    I will certainly check out that site. I've been experimenting with a few other things recently too. I'm surprised my son liked them really.

    Lizzy,
    I'm so sorry. Many years ago I organized all my pictures by year, month, and event. I put them in ziplock bags and labeled them so that I could get around to putting them into albums. It took forever. One day I came home and my son's mom had dumped them all into a box because she need a picture of Brandon for something. I was years before I got back around to that task again.

    Rachel,
    I'm loving the soccer even though we got toasted our first game. I need MUCH more exercise. I've been rather sedentary over the past month and half or so.

    Dr. Leah,
    Thanks for stopping by! It can be severely belated...I'm still convinced I can put it off even though it already passed!

    Maggie,
    I didn't realize you had a blog until tonight! I've added you and you are in my reader. I hope you and Trev do well in Oregon...let me know if I can do anything for you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Birthday! Sorry I haven't been around and it's so belated :(

    If you find some great (easy) Asian recipes - please share!! My son adores the flavors, but I'm a little scared to cook it. I don't really know why! I finally tried stir fry the other night and he LOVED it, but I used bottle sauce and it was waay to salty.

    Happy holidays (a little early) I will be around more often...I promise!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The quarter thing is so cute!!

    I am jealous that you are done with your Christmas shopping.

    I have always dreamed of going snowboarding in Chile as well. I hear it is amazing. For your ticket, before March, go to Alaska. It is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

I will not accept advertising in the body of comments. If you leave links to spam, goods, or services it will be deleted. If you embed HTML it will be deleted. For any number of other reasons I may delete the comment. I do this for the safety and well being of the readers of the blog.