Monday, August 16, 2010

I am a facebook fake, and a twitter twit....

What?

I've turned off chat in facebook.  I have locked down all my settings to friends only (or at least I did several weeks ago).  I have removed a few "friends".  I don't play ANY facebook games, poke, or anything else.  I rarely log in, and I seldom run through the huge list of updates.  At most I get through 24-48 hours worth.  It is rare that I ever even look at anyone's profile.  I have managed to become almost anti-social on the worlds biggest social networking site.  I don't know whether that is a good or bad thing.  I am a facebook fake.

Twitter I found useful for just a couple of things.  One is there are two accounts that give updates for the City of Virginia Beach, and another that gives updates for traffic in Hampton Roads.  I follow them and a few single parents and that is about it.  The only thing I do less than updating facebook is tweeting on twitter.  I am a twitter  twit.

You could say I am following suit with my blog, but I like my blog.  I like being able to type more than a few lines of text for an update.  I don't know how many people find my blog through my facebook profile, but I would guess very few.  Actually, I have those statistics in google analytics for the most part.  I don't post updates to the blog on facebook though.  Sometimes on twitter...as I am doing with this post.  But, since I don't really cover really juicy topics here, just the fun things we do, does that make me a bland blogger?  :-)  If you made it this far into the post, I am so sorry.  I love sentences and words, and I love putting them together.  I love rhymes and writing poems, but more than all that I love alliteration.  I am always an all-out alliterer.  Even if I have to make cruddy crap up to get there.

6 comments:

  1. Fun! I don't blame you at all. I find that as I become more content with my real life and close friends, the less I play in the computer world...

    Be who you are.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are a blog brat. I am not sure if I said congrats or not, but congrats to all of you on your soon to be marriage and family!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Texas T, :-) be here now, be who you are. You could start something with that!

    Maggie, we were just talking about you last night after volleyball! :-) You and your family are really missed here!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's really nice of you all!! I miss the beach, the sports and you all so very much!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fake Facebook? Bland Blogger? Cruddy Crap? Awesome Alliteration!!

    I also play it minimalist on FB, and prefer Twitter. Very different tools, very different uses. Different strokes I guess, as the saying goes.

    ReplyDelete
  6. BLW, You use all your tools really well!

    ReplyDelete

I will not accept advertising in the body of comments. If you leave links to spam, goods, or services it will be deleted. If you embed HTML it will be deleted. For any number of other reasons I may delete the comment. I do this for the safety and well being of the readers of the blog.