Sunday, March 22, 2009

Rockets....



Hmmm, where was I? Oh yeah, March 22, 2009. So...I'm behind but I'm going to try and catch up quickly.

One thing I will be doing is creating links for pictures. It is just too much work to inject pictures in between what I want to write here. I think that will help speed things up a bit.

:-)

So....back to March 22...we left Mt Trashmore to go play with rockets....

This was a Cub Scout effort that Chris's boys are involved with. One of the Dads, Brian, was there to show them how to build and light off the rockets. We had a couple of different types.

One was a neat contraption that would mix vinegar and baking soda to give off CO2 gas to propel the rocket up. Brian had the idea to shake it up to really mix it...and then it shot off over the trees into the neighbor's yard.

They also built a model rocket with a chemical engine that went quite a bit higher. All the boys had a great time!

If you look at the pictures below, you'll see that their minds weren't on rockets the whole time...but I guess that is to be expected.

We also had an Osprey come by with it's latest catch.

Pictures
Slideshow
and the slide show embedded below...bear with me while I work this out....

No comments:

Post a Comment

I will not accept advertising in the body of comments. If you leave links to spam, goods, or services it will be deleted. If you embed HTML it will be deleted. For any number of other reasons I may delete the comment. I do this for the safety and well being of the readers of the blog.