Saturday, July 26, 2008

How do you know you had a good workout?

You hurt. EVERYWHERE. Even stretching is painfully uncomfortable. So did I over do it? Yes. I did stick to the Body for Life plan this whole week. I just got in from my 20 min cardio this morning. Six days. It is a start.

For some reason I stopped last December. Overwhelmed. Stressed. I'm not really sure. I've been at the gym sporadically since then. It is time to push hard again.

Now I need to get the diet component back in line. I've been doing this over the past couple of weeks, getting used to smaller portions, more meals, etc.

Overall I feel great, even though I cannot move without pain and groaning.

Asperger's support group in 30 mins, wash cars, and parties tonight. Sunday will hopefully be surfing, sun, and sleep. :-)

Que tenga un buen dia! (hope I got that right)

6 comments:

  1. WELL DONE! Sounds like a good week ;o) And good luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that feeling of falling into bed after a good work out - your body and mind are just ready to sleep!

    Keep up the fun and good work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The good thing, if there is a good thing to being so sore, is that you are clearly quite an active person to begin with. Good luck with this endeavor!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Laura,
    Thanks. Hopefully I can make the effort to keep it going. While I stay active, it isn't the same as a good workout.

    Exception,
    Don't you know it. :-) If I can just get through the stress I have I could actually enjoy a good nights sleep for a change.

    FADKOG,
    I have learned the key to getting through the soreness is to keep moving. :-) I can do that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Is hurting a sign of a good workout? Or a sign that you slacked off for too long ;)

    Just kidding. Sort of.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Delightful,
    I've been slacking! I freely admit it. The first step to fixing a problem is recognizing there is one!

    :-)

    I would of course love to know whether you are so direct with everyone or just me. ;) I might have to start doing some google searches.

    ReplyDelete

I will not accept advertising in the body of comments. If you leave links to spam, goods, or services it will be deleted. If you embed HTML it will be deleted. For any number of other reasons I may delete the comment. I do this for the safety and well being of the readers of the blog.