Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Funny thing about perceptions....

I've done enough ranting for today, so here is something a little lighter.....

I played for a kickball team this fall. Adult (using the term very loosely here) Kickball. Really it is more of an excuse for team drinking than it is a team sport. I couldn't really drink because I have my son with me. Which begs the question, "Why was I there at all then?" Well, it is just down the street from me, seemed like fun anyway, my friends were playing, and the most important reason, my girlfriend was playing and it could be an opportunity to impress her with my amazing physical abilities outside of, well you know. :-) I am actually good for a lot more than things in the....

I had two nicknames for the fall. Kickball was Spiderman, and softball (mainly the same group of people) was Smackdaddy.

One night at kickball, I was getting ready to kick and the catcher is saying all kinds of stuff, but all I here is "daddy". I hear it a couple of times. I'm thinking (something I should never do while kicking) that this person knows me from softball and is cheering me on. I thought, "That's cool, real sportsman like conduct." etc. Then he said, "I bet you drive a mini-van too." OHHHHHH, now I get it, he thinks he is making fun of me. I got out at first (again, shouldn't think when kicking). I came back to the catcher and said "No, I drive a Subaru WRX Wagon, it totally WROX, but honestly mini-vans are awesome vehicles, incredibly versatile, and if you knew a little more about them you would want one too." :-) Not the adult thing to do (I did say the term was loosely used here), but mini-vans are awesome. They are the ultimate gadget. They do nearly everything. A suburban assualt vehicle if there ever was one. And they keep getting better all the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I will not accept advertising in the body of comments. If you leave links to spam, goods, or services it will be deleted. If you embed HTML it will be deleted. For any number of other reasons I may delete the comment. I do this for the safety and well being of the readers of the blog.