Saturday, May 12, 2007

Blog-a-thon continues....

The Difference

There was a change you see, in you and me,
We are not the same as we used to be,
Fifteen years since eighty-eight,
Changes wrought by choice and fate.

Possibly we were doomed from the start,
Two different people worlds apart,
But opposites attract as you know,
Eventually opposite ways they must go.

I was a brainiac, you were not,
You were religious, I was not,
Very few interests were on common ground,
Very little commonality could be found.

Friends we started out as and should have stayed,
But then there was the night I was saved,
The beginning of the merge between you and I,
But somewhere it stopped in the by and by.

I chose a different path than the one we were on,
I thought you were with me and so I moved on,
I thought we were growing closer not apart,
So when troubles came, they shredded our hearts.

I’m not the same person you married you see,
I became a new creature, with a new philosophy,
But now I’ve reverted back to the person you knew,
When we first met and all was brand new.

I’m sorry it happened, I didn’t plan it this way,
It was a culmination of our choices on the way,
We can’t change the beginning or anything since,
Our Choices and Fate have made the difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I will not accept advertising in the body of comments. If you leave links to spam, goods, or services it will be deleted. If you embed HTML it will be deleted. For any number of other reasons I may delete the comment. I do this for the safety and well being of the readers of the blog.