Sunday, May 20, 2007

Wearing the boy out....and dad too.

This morning found me groggily waking up around 7am, wondering why I was waking up so early. Something in the back of my mind was nagging me as I slipped back into sweet and needed slumber...I was meeting a friend and her son for breakfast at 8am! I got up to quickly assess the state of the house...not good. I dragged my son out of bed. Performed CPR and various other raising the dead rites, and set him in motion doing one simplistic task after another until I was sure he wasn't sleep walking anymore. Staying so busy means the house doesn't get cleaned as often as it should. But hey, two bachelors live here....

We got the house picked up and we both showered before 8am. We went out to one of my favorite breakfast places, Pocahontas Pancake house. We then played on the beach for a bit. We played volleyball from 11:30 to 1:30, and then rock climbed from 2:00 to 4:00. We finished the day with dinner at the California Pizza Kitchen. We exchanged some movies at Blockbuster and came home to watch one. :-) He was in bed by 8:10 and asleep 3 seconds later.

It is going to be fun waking him up tomorrow. :-) We both got a little sun today too, but not too much. I put spf 30 waterproof/sportproof sunblock on him and myself.

It has been a fun day! No snakes, no dogs, but a little beer at CPK! For me, not for the boy, er, well he had root beer. His favorite drink.

~Mike

1 comment:

  1. You live close enough to go to the beach and you want to move to Texas? Go get your head examined, kiddo. (Although there are big chested women here! ;)

    ReplyDelete

I will not accept advertising in the body of comments. If you leave links to spam, goods, or services it will be deleted. If you embed HTML it will be deleted. For any number of other reasons I may delete the comment. I do this for the safety and well being of the readers of the blog.