Sunday, May 20, 2007

Things children say...

Brandon and I were driving to see my friend in Blacksburg, early May 2005. I was in a thinking mood and Brandon was asleep. I had the windows rolled up, the stereo off, and we were on a rural Interstate. All the Interstates are rural if you are headed to Blacksburg by the way. I was mesmerized by the hum of the tires and the blur of the center white line, deep in thought, but very conscious and awake. My son stirred in the back seat. I didn't want to wake him so I stayed quiet, thinking he may go back to sleep. For a couple of minutes I think he has fallen back asleep. But then he pipes out, "Dad, are you awake?" To which I could only respond by laughing and laughing and laughing some more.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I will not accept advertising in the body of comments. If you leave links to spam, goods, or services it will be deleted. If you embed HTML it will be deleted. For any number of other reasons I may delete the comment. I do this for the safety and well being of the readers of the blog.