Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Mistakes and coffee....

The mistake today was not making a full pot of coffee this morning...
CroutonBoy ((aka Cheeky's Hideaway) from the Dadcentric bloggers wrote about Starbucks and being out of coffee. He mentions that Cafe Verona is his favorite coffee. I bought a bag, and it is delicious. I stayed home today, not feeling too well, and I made a four cup pot. I needed twelve.

My son is reading the Guinness World Records 2006. Today he reads about the worlds most expensive coffee on our way to see his counselor. It is Kopi Luwak. It comes from Irian Jaya, Indonesia. Only 500lbs are made each year, and it costs $300/lb. He reads that it has to do with the way the beans are processed and harvested. It is unique. The Sumatran Civet Cat lives in the mountain ranges and eats the ripest coffee cherries it can find. The locals pick the beans out of the excrement they can find and sell the coffee. I am silent. I want to hear what he thinks of this. I KNOW what I think of it, not having any of that. After nearly a minute of silence, "OK, THAT is DISGUSTING!" At least he has some sense....

~mike

4 comments:

  1. I thought that there was nothing that could possibly put me OFF coffee...but I see that I was wrong. :)
    *gak*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Damn, Mike. I had the package of that coffee all wrapped up and ready to send to you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd have to have a truly serious coffee addiction before I could even fathom the idea of taking a sip of that. Well, buying it first, but I tend to skip steps!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well how about that, I always thought that was an urban legend.

    He is a smart kid.

    ReplyDelete

I will not accept advertising in the body of comments. If you leave links to spam, goods, or services it will be deleted. If you embed HTML it will be deleted. For any number of other reasons I may delete the comment. I do this for the safety and well being of the readers of the blog.